Because of You

Monday, August 10, 2015

A week ago yesterday we asked for as many prayers and fasting on our behalf.  Read about it here.  And it was AMAZING the response we received!

I have personally received an unexpected blessing from this social media prayer/fast effort.  One I did not foresee.

I woke last Monday and felt enveloped in serenity.  The feeling carried with me all day.  I kept thinking, "What is this?"  "Why do I feel so much peace?"

Let me try to explain.  For the last 5 and half years I have known our family was not complete. Knowing we have another child to add to our family caused me some restlessness.  For years I have felt an unsettled feeling.  Like something is missing but I can't quite place it.

Monday I felt whole... completely whole.  After pondering about it, it finally came to me what I was feeling.

John records our Savior's words, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth give I unto you..."  (John 14:27 KJV)  This describes what I felt and have continued to feel since your efforts. Peace.  An indescribable amount of peace.  The word I think of is "otherwordly."  I hope our birth mother, whomever she is, feels the same overwhelming peace as I do.  She needs it more than I.

I cannot think of a greater gift given to me.  I feel for now, my work with adoption is done.  I will wait and see what happens.  This may change and when it does, I will move forward in faith.  But until then, I will enjoy this sea of calm and peace allowing the lulling waves to wash over me and through me.

I look forward to the day when I write saying "We have our Baby!"   A miracle will unfold.  I feel it deep inside my soul

Thank you for your continued prayers... they are working.

xxo,

Lindsay

This week included a Hair cut for me... 3 Inches gone :)

Sunsplash time with Luke and Taytay... B opted to play at a friends house.  


School supplies this year included a light-up helmet for Bridget.  
She's into rollerskating/blading everywhere! 

No comments:

Post a Comment