Join Our Prayers

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Late Tuesday night I received a call from my contact.  She said the birth-mom we were going to meet a few weeks back, would like to meet this time (see post "laughing through tears").    I was excited! Jumping around excited!  Jim and I then knelt in prayer offering thanks for this opportunity. Jeremiah 29:12 "Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you."  Do you believe that? We do!

She's due soon.  The expectant woman doesn't know what she's having and I had no other knowledge of other than we were meeting Thursday morning, which was this morning.
I dropped off  my adoption profile with my contact.  She'd let me know what time the meeting would take place.  She sent me the address, it was close by.  I called my parents, siblings and mother-in-law sharing the good news.  All of us were excited at the prospect of a possible connection.  I planned my outfit accordingly.  Not too fancy, just casual but with me in the casual as I am.  My husband and I decided our meeting with the birth-mom would not be to be chosen.  (Of course that is our hope and dream, but there are so many factors at play, we can't go into meetings like that. Otherwise, where would be our faith?)  Our plan was and is for any future meetings with birth-moms, to get to know HER, the woman behind it all.  We both agree, if we have a meeting and there is no connection, we will still offer to help the birth-mom in any way we can.  Maybe we can help her find another couple.  We discussed this waiting to hear when our appointment would be.  But the call never came.  So again, a chance for meeting slipped away.  Our contact was again very gracious and gave wonderful words of encouragement.  Thank you!

Well, guess how I woke up today?  Totally and overwhelming calm and filled with peace.  No tears, heartache, or even disappointment.  It's a surreal feeling when you know it's all in God's hands and as long as I do what He guides me to do... everything will truly be okay.  This feeling of calm is a gift from God.  

I know a baby will come to us.  This Sunday we are fasting for "our birth-mom" to find us.  A birth mom is the woman who is pregnant and places her child with you.  She's not technically my birth-mom but for whatever reason, that is the term.  She's around looking and doesn't know we are right here, RIGHT HERE!  Please join in prayer and/or fasting with our family this Sunday.  Prayer is a powerful tool and combine with fasting mighty miracles occur.  (Fasting is forgoing food and water for at least one meal.  We fast two meals.  Sometimes, fasting can be just food.  Really, it's what your heart is saying more than the actual actions.  We are told, "...The Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 (KJV) 
Another favorite scripture of mine is from James 5:16 "...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."  We know many prayers combined create might miracles! 


Check our our UPDATED PROFILE  http://adoption.com/profiles/LindsayRector-5885
We love ALL our readers and appreciate the countless messages, texts and tips on our behalf.  

Thank you and Please Share!  

xxo,

Lindsay



No comments:

Post a Comment