Adoption Profile is UP!!

Friday, June 26, 2015

Whew... I've been sitting at my computer for hours.  Yesterday it was four hours and today it's been three.  I've done some other adoption stuff throughout the week as well.  Let me tell you... It is no easy task putting together THREE different adoption profiles, but it is well worth it!

This has been my look all week long.  No makeup, hair up and drinking a CAFFEINE-FREE drink from Sonic....WAAAA!  I decided to quit drinking Crystal Light energy.  Can I just say I LOVE THE STUFF!!  It's so delicious and refreshing.  It's my little treat in the day....my "happy mommy juice" and now I've shut the valve off... What am I thinking?!  Anyway, I've been clean 5 days.  It hasn't been too bad except I just want it so dang bad!  That's what tells me I have issues, I want it too much.  Thankfully, I haven't been too crabby nor had crazy headaches.  In this picture I'm drinking water and I've just finished my profile.

I'm not a sit-down-at-the-computer type of person.  I do when I study my scriptures in the morning but not much after that.  It's been challenging putting myself on Facebook and even writing in this blog.  I usually keep my life private but now I need to open it to all the world.  The hope is for an expectant parent to see us and know we're meant to be the adoptive parents of her child.

Another side effect I've noticed while working on adoption profiles is the guilt I feel not spending with my children.  It's summer time, play time, work time, snuggle, swim and eat popsicles time.  The guilt is real too.  I prayed Monday morning asking for the guilt to leave so I could work on my profiles.  One profile is being mailing to people.  One will be an email and one is on Adoption.com.  Thankfully, my prayer was answered and I could do it this week.  And still spend time with my kids.  What didn't happen was any laundry, real chores besides room clean ups, or a homemade dinner.  But something had to give.  I have my priorities... children!

Tender Mercy today.  I was praying for help because I really really really wanted some of my "happy mommy juice" and I asked for help.  A couple hours later my neighbor knocks on my door.  She hands me a packet of a prenatal multi-vitamin.  It's sparkling Cranberry/Raspberry flavored.  She was thinking of me and knows I'm off the sauce.  She thought I might like it.

I ripped that baby open, poured it into a tall glass of ice water and chugged.  It was GREAT!  And I felt so good!  It is all natural, stimulant free and sweetened with Stevia.  I said another prayer when she left. Although my neighbor handed it to me, I knew the Lord brought that tender mercy of packet just for me.

After drinking the vitamins, I loaded up my kids with a new found vigor and we played at my sister's oasis of a pool for hours.  A wonderful way to spend a summer afternoon.

It's the little things in life that bring the joy.  The challenge is to look for them.

xo
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment