Summer Days Revamped: Part 2

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Feels like 3 months ago I wrote last but it's only been 3 weeks.  Time is so peculiar to me.  Fast when I want it slow and slow when I want it fast.

First couple weeks our schedule was rockin'!  But then last week I had a late night, by late I mean I stayed up until Midnight and the thought of my 6 am alarm was more than I could bare.  I then had another late night and no alarm day.  This happened for about 4 days and suddenly my "perfect" schedule unraveled.  But I noticed something on the days of unraveling... my kids came into me each morning and asked what their chores were.  THAT NEVER HAPPENS!  An expectation began and they knew chores were expected.  I've yet to jump back in as the chore manager though.  

Warning:  Doing chores every day for an hour is so painful as the mother.  It's so much easier if I do it myself but I can't.  So instead apparently I've stopped all together.  Also not an ideal parenting technique.  I'm writing this to recommit myself.  The chores are for them and me.  Last week we washed the walls and baseboards in my kitchen, cleaned out the garage and picked up over 100 pieces of trash in the backyard.  We've organized the playroom, vacuumed and cleaned out the shoe cupboard, closets, and drawers.  It's exhausting!! 

Anyway... I'm back on the chores again as of this morning.  

I try and have us focus on service throughout the week too.  This week we went to Feed My Starving Children in Mesa It's again, work for me as the mom to manage but worth it!  My children walk away learning how 6200 children die every day from starvation.  They pack healthy food for the children and walk away with a sense of purpose.  Children 5 and older can pack food.  Music plays and people are shouting cheers when they've completed a box.  This time we packed 9 boxes of food, last time it was 3 so my kids were thrilled about that.  www.fmsc.org  

 My brother Whit came with his kids Ethan (8) and Pemmy (6.5) 



Left: Tayler and Briget
Right: Pemmy wearing her favorite outfit :)












Whit and I below                                                                             Ethan and Luke best friends

No comments:

Post a Comment